Octave Agency is a brand, design and web agency based in Greatworth, Oxfordshire. Octave helps businesses from start-ups, to established international organisations. Our fast-paced office environment and friendly team make for a great workplace.
See what exciting positions we have available below.
Local applications only, please.
Junior Graphic Designer.
Nr. Banbury, UK
Full time – Office based
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Graphic Designer with a strong interest in web. As well as the relevant skills and experience, we’re looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we’re building a culture where difference is valued.
This role operates in a busy web and graphics team, namely creating marketing material, brand assets and website designs. The role will involve direct liaison with the Senior Designer and Director.
Comprehensive training will be provided for each of these work areas.
Motivation to learn, enthusiasm and a genuine desire to develop a career in graphic design are essential.
- Produce artwork guided by other members of the team
- Ensure designs are on brief, within brand guidelines and delivered on-time
- Working on projects across the full spectrum of print, multimedia and digital
- Designing website designs utilising the DIVI builder
- Working with and flexing client’s visual identity to create effective, stand-out marketing material
- Supporting the team in the implementation of digital design best practice
- Knowledge of graphic design and design principles and typography, preferably (but not essential) with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- A portfolio with examples of design work
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and client-focussed with the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of WordPress and themes (preferably DIVI)
- Knowledge of digital design best practice
- Some experience in graphic design in a professional services environment will be an advantage but is not essential.
Our clients come first and whilst we have a high-performance culture and work hard as a team, in return we offer a range of competitive benefits including:
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Modern office environment
- Ergonomic desk set up
- Must be fine with a dog in the working environment
Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]